Sebastiaan Witkam specializes in private equity, venture capital, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures and he advises clients on corporate governance and other corporate law issues.
Sebastiaan studied Dutch law at Utrecht University (cum laude) and followed an MBA highlights program at the prestigious business university INSEAD in France. Before joining Olym, Sebastiaan worked at Stibbe in Amsterdam and London and at Clifford Chance in Amsterdam.
At Stibbe, he worked on the following transactions (among other matters):
- 3G Capital on the acquisition of a controlling interest in Hunter Douglas NV from the Sonnenberg family for an enterprise value of USD 7.1 billion
- Goldman Sachs on the sale of Caldic to Advent
- Adevinta on its USD 9.2 billion acquisition of eBay Classifieds Group
- Apax Partners and its portfolio company Tosca on the acquisitions of Polymer Logistics and Contraload
- Apax Partners and its portfolio company Wehkamp on the acquisition of kleertjes.com
- Partners Group on the sale of its interest in Action in a transaction valuing Action at an enterprise value of EUR 10.25 billion
- Investcorp on the sale of SecureLink to Orange for an enterprise value of EUR 515 million
- ABN AMRO on the sale of a majority stake in Stater to Infosys
- Delivery Hero on the EUR 930 million sale of its German delivery business to Takeaway.com
- SurveyMonkey on the acquisition of Usabilla